Saturday, December 01, 2007

A night at the Symphony!

It was magical, beautiful, wonderful. We headed downtown Indianapolis to go (for our first time) to Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Yuletide Celebration. As we drove downtown we admired all the decorations and Monument Circle's Tree of Lights. We parked and walked to the Hilbert Circle Theatre where we were greeted by Reindeer! The City was beautiful with people taking carriage rides and walking downtown enjoying the Christmas attractions. We entered the Beautiful Theatre and we found our seats. As we waited for the lights to dim and the curtain to go up, I watched the girls, they looked beautiful in their new dresses with their hair done, so "grown-up" as they browsed through their program given to them by the usher who greeted us. We were so excited to see what was about to happen on the stage below us. Sandi Patty was the host and let me tell you, she looked beautiful, and her voice was amazing. She did an incredible job and what we were so amazed with was the 10 or so gowns that she transformed in. Every time she left the stage she appeared in a new amazingly gorgeous dress, with diamonds, glitter, trains, beautiful! And she was so fast!! However, that was only the beginning, because the African Children's Choir was the special guest this year for the show. They were WONDERFUL. The children were very involved in the show and show much FUN to watch, it was beautiful to hear them sing praises of our Lord and Saviour Jesus. The other special treat was one that will not be there for every performance so they did not promote it. Ben Utecht from the Indianapolis Colts showed up in his "Colts Blue" Tuxedo for a duet with Ms. Sandi Patty, she of course, was wearing a beautiful "Colts Blue" gown at this time with lots of diamonds, and it was fabulous. She walked off the stage with a white fur given to her by Mr. Utecht that proudly had his name and number on the back in lots of glitter!! Very Fun! And that was all before intermission. The show ended with the telling of the story of Jesus' birth, it was beautifully done. After the show we headed home and made a dessert stop at Steak and Shake, don't you love that Steak and Shake is open so late! (We even saw Tom and Terry Camp there, Jeremy's parents)
So this is where I would show you all the beautiful pictures that I took of the girls and the lights and the theatre. Where you would see pictures of me and Dean looking, might I say, the best we may have ever looked (wink, wink) But, unfortunately, when my parents stopped by before we were leaving to take all these beautiful shots I realized my battery to my camera was going DEAD and this is the ONLY picture that we have of the night. I am so sad about this, hopefully I have learned my lesson. Today we go get our tree and my battery is FULL.

1 comment:

As For Our House...We will serve the Lord. said...

This sounds so VERY fun!!!!!! I am sorry that I failed you on the substitute camera! I am going now to check the schedule to see if there are any dates still open that would work for our family....are they all sold out?????