Monday, December 10, 2007

For Cocoa and Harley, our WonderDogs!




Yesterday marked the 6 week anniversary of the departure of our beloved dogs, Cocoa and Harley. They took off for a walk together and we have not seen them since. We would have had Cocoa for 6 years this coming April, Cocoa was 3 months old when we drove to Southern Indiana and picked her up, the same age as our little Mollie. As far as the girls are concerned we had Cocoa most of their lives. And so now life without Cocoa has been heartbreaking to say the least.
Harley came to us by way of The Timmons this past spring, when Brock spotted Harley on the side of the road and talked his dad into picking him up, in hopes to find a home for him of course. So we willingly took Harley off of their hands. As far as our vet could tell Harley was a Bernese Mountain dog, less than a year old. He was a great dog. He and Cocoa hit if off right away.

So after many, many, many, prayers that continue daily, fliers, phone calls, drives looking for our beloved dogs I finally right this blog. I love the fact that my girls have all this love they want to share with animals and I know they get it honestly from their father. I think he has been rubbing off on me too because I have never loved an animal in my life until Cocoa and surprisingly I fell in love with Harley right away too.

We have no idea what has happened to our dogs, but I do know that many tears have been shed for them and that they were very loved, what more could a dog ask for!!

No comments: