Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday/Mother's Day to me!

I love my birthday, this year, like many, I enjoy celebrating my "birthday week." To start off my week my sweet husband placed a box of Hostess ding-dongs in the freezer for me (only me!!). Then on Friday night we went to dinner with some friends and enjoyed some great food and live music (very fun!). Sunday was my birthday, which was shared with Mother's Day this year, the girls were very gracious in their cards and flowers that they gave. Mollie gave me an early card on Thursday (well, it is my birthday week) that read:
Happ
oomost
Happ
Barfdau

you ra sil butfil

interpretation: Happy almost Happy Birthday....you are still beautiful!
I love beginner writers!
So for my big birthday/mother's day surprise Dean and the girls arranged for an activity for us to do on Sunday afternoon. And it was so fun and relaxing. This is where we went and I cannot wait to go back. This weekend we will get to pick up our finished product, so I will let you know how they all turned out. And from my friend Michelle , she got me tickets to go see these guys and we have great seats! And from what I hear they are pretty good!!

3 comments:

As For Our House...We will serve the Lord. said...

Yes....HAPPY BIRTHDAY & MOTHER'S DAY to you!!!!
I think we should set a date now to go the pottery place. Very fun!

And (like Mollie) I think you are a silly butterfly, too!!!

Glad you had a special day...you deserve it!
Love you!

Stacy said...

Come ON, Carrie!!!!

No post or pics of your HOUSE?

You even beat Michelle for being the world's worst blogger. (Sorry, Michelle). :)

~Stacy
Um, and... Happy Mother's Day.

Belinda said...

Happy Birthday! Love your blog!

Belinda (who is hosting a bible study on her blog - my first one! - come join me at http://careerasamum.blogspot.com/2008/10/bible-study-welcome.html)